Events at Banner Boswell
At Banner Boswell Medical Center, we appreciate being members of the Phoenix community and want to do our part to keep our community strong and healthy.
We offer a number of interesting and fun events. So come join us!
- Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Radiation Oncology services are expanding to Banner Boswell Medical Center
- Taking Care of Your Heart Series
- Success over Failure
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Radiation Oncology services are expanding to Banner Boswell Medical Center
Join us for a Community Open House! Enjoy guided tours of the new radiation oncology building, receive cancer-related information from various organizations and learn more about Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Water and light snacks will be served.
When: Saturday, Sept. 12 from 8 - 11 a.m.
Where: Banner Boswell Medical Center in the Memorial Hall, located at 10401 W. Thunderbird Blvd., Sun City, AZ 85351
Register: (602) 230-2273 (CARE)
Print a flyer about this event
This new program will integrate the radiation oncology services from Banner Boswell with the clinical expertise from Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Gilbert. Working as a team with the subspecialty experts at Gilbert, Boswell cancer physicians will be treating patients in accordance with MD Anderson Cancer Center’s world renowned approach to cancer care. Patients will also have access to many of the programs and services offered at the cancer center in Gilbert.
New physicians will join the Boswell campus, bringing with them the radiation oncology expertise from the main campus. Physicians and staff also have a direct link to cancer specialists at Banner MD Anderson.
Everyone treated at the center receives the best combination of Banner MD Anderson’s wide range of cancer expertise and local care. Every patient’s treatment plan is reviewed by a team of cancer experts that includes the radiation oncologist and specialist at Banner MD Anderson’s main campus.
Taking Care of Your Heart Series
Banner Boswell Medical Center continues its free monthly education series “Taking Care of Your Heart” to help people learn more about their heart and understand how to better manage chronic heart disease at home.
Where: Memorial Hall on the first floor of Banner Boswell’s Support Services Building, 13180 N. 103rd Drive in Sun City.
Reservations for the monthly class can be made online or by phone during normal business hours at (602) 230-2273 (CARE). Participants are encouraged to sign up for multiple classes, as presentation topics will vary throughout the year.
Check back for upcoming dates.
Success over Failure
In an effort to empower our patients to manager their heart failure, Banner Boswell Medical Center is now providing heart failure education classes to patients, family, caregivers, and community members!
Class will include a welcome and brief video from our Banner Health Video Library: Heart Failure, which discusses anatomy and physiology surrounding heart failure. The class will also feature 10 minute presentations by:
- A Clinical Pharmacist: Understanding the Importance of your heart failure medications
- A Dietary Technician: Understanding the Importance of daily weights, salt and fluid intake, and a heart healthy diet
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapist: Exercising to stay healthy and active
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays; 10-10:45 a.m. (45 minutes)
- Where: Banner Boswell Medical Center -Fifth floor conference room
- Who: Patients with acute heart failure or a history of heart failure, family, caregivers, and community members with heart failure
- Contact Kelly Wilson at (623) 832-5650 (2-5650) for additional information.
Success Over Failure: Heart Failure and Health Management
Heart Failure & Health Management (with TAVR discussion) Attendees will gain awareness of services offered at Banner Boswell Medical Center and it's Cardiology and TAVR programs.
Manoj Rawal, MD will open the event with a discussion on heart failure and health management for those with heart failure or potential heart failure. Rajeev Kathuria, MD will end the discussion with a brief presentation about transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures available at Banner Boswell Medical Center.
Healthy snacks and refreshments will be provided. Walk-ins are permitted; registration is preferred.
- When: Nov. 4, 2015; 9 - 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Banner Boswell Medical Center Memorial Hall East & West. Free parking located in the parking area just south of the campus off N 103rd Ave.
- Register: Call (602) 230-2273 (CARE) or register online
- Cost: Free