Accreditations and Awards
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center has distinguished itself in many ways. Here are some of our most recent accreditations and awards:
- Full Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (2015).
- Echocardiography accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (2015)
- Nationally certified by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
- The Banner CORE Center for Orthopedics at Banner Del E. Webb is nationally certified by the Joint Commission.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in hospitals.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center Women's Diagnostic Service achieved the status of Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence from the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc.
Banner Del E. Webb received the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Award from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBCLE) and the International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA).
Banner Del E. Webb received the 2015 Get With The Guidelines ® - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart/American Stroke Association. Receiving the highest recognition, Banner Del E. Webb qualified for recognition on the Target: Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll.
Banner Del E. Webb received the 2014 Get With The Guidelines ® - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart/American Stroke Association.
Banner Del E. Webb received an "A" grade for patient safety in 2014 from The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), an independent industry watchdog.
Banner Del E. Webb was named to the LeapFrog Group's national Top Hospital list for 2013.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center's Cindy Griffin and Lisa Johnson were among the top 3 percent of award-winning blood drive coordinators honored by United Blood Services in February 2013, earning a Hero Award for providing the largest impact on the blood supply and providing 308 blood donations last year.
The Surprise City Council recognized Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center with a 2012 Surprise Neighborhood Award Program (SNAP). Banner Del E. Webb won for Outstanding Neighborhood Partner.
Banner Del E. Webb's Adam Szilagyi was named the Safe Patient Handling Champion at the 2012 Arizona Safe Patient Handling Conference.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports in March 2012 that Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center has been named one of America's Top 50 Hospitals by HealthGrades.