Cardon Children's, Our Partner In Patient Care
Cardon Children's Medical Center is our partner in care for families in the East Valley.
Banner Desert Medical Center had been providing pediatric care for Phoenix families for more than a decade before we determined the need for a separate facility devoted to these special "little patients".
We grew from 24 dedicated pediatric beds to 168 dedicated pediatric beds in 10 short years and we knew it was time for a separate facility for pediatrics in the East Valley.
Opened in 2009, the state-of-the-art Cardon Children's facility features 248 beds, specially trained pediatric nurses, dedicated pediatric specialists and family-centered care.
Though a separate hospital, Cardon Children's and Banner Desert work together to provide excellence in patient care through:
- An expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – from 65 beds to 104 beds.
- Six pediatric operating rooms featuring 35 private, child-friendly pre- and post-op areas.
- An expanded Pediatric Emergency department, increasing from 15 to 26 beds.
- Outpatient Treatment Center includes 16 beds that can serve as overflow for Emergency department during peak evening hours.
- Dedicated Pediatric Radiology department.
- Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation unit.
- Dedicated pediatric cancer and blood disorder unit.
- Dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with shelled space for future PICU expansion.
Visit Cardon Children's Medical Center for more information and specifics on how this new facility treats our community's littlest patients with continued excellence in patient care.