Varian Trilogy at Banner Desert
Banner Desert Cancer Center now offers cancer patients the Varian Trilogy™ Stereotactic System -- the most advanced technology available for radiation and radiosurgery treatments.
The Trilogy system painlessly shrinks or eliminates tumors and abnormalities using focused beams of radiation.
Though it is called radiosurgery -- no incisions are required.
Patients benefit because:
- Radiation treatments are more precise and shorter in duration, effectively treating the disease while simultaneously reducing side effects.
- Increased accuracy and power allows physicians to treat smaller tumors in hard-to-reach places more quickly, easily and effectively.
- The machine allows physicians to treat more types of cancers, sparing patients from invasive surgeries and/or chemotherapy.
- Recovery and healing are fast, and the patient can resume normal activities shortly after treatment.
- State-of-the-art motion management techniques allow doctors to coordinate treatment with a patient's breathing patterns allowing patients to breathe naturally during difficult treatments, thus reducing stress and increasing comfort.
The Trilogy system at Banner Desert Cancer Center also offers RapidArc therapies -- the only RapidArc therapy available in the Phoenix area.
RapidArc radiotherapy technology is a new approach to radiation therapy that delivers precise treatments in less than half the time than conventional radiation therapy.
A typical 10-minute radiation therapy treatment would be a 2-minute RapidArc radiotherapy treatment.
How the Trilogy system works
Advanced imaging capabilities built into the Trilogy system allow Banner Desert physicians to position patients for treatment with sub-millimeter accuracy. The system then rotates 360-degrees around the patient, enabling very small beams with varying intensity to be aimed at the tumor from multiple angles.
A respiratory gating system compensates for any tumor movement that occurs as a patient breathes. In addition, the radiation beam is highly precise, allowing Banner Desert clinicians to deliver treatments with unprecedented accuracy.
In addition, the Trilogy at Banner Desert Cancer Center:
- Combines imaging and treatment technologies
- Delivers the widest range of external beam radiotherapies
- 3D conformal radiotherapy
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapies
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Fractionated stereotactic radiation therapy
- Intensity-modulated radiosurgery
- Can be used for both cancer and neurosurgical treatments.