Classes at Banner Estrella
Banner Estrella Medical Center has a variety of classes to assist you with your health needs. To register, call (602) 230-CARE (2273) unless otherwise noted.
Banner Estrella offers multiple classes for expectant mothers and their care partners who want to deliver at Banner Estrella Medical Center. Learn more about our OB educational classes.
*To support a personal and private labor and delivery experience for all our new families, Banner Estrella will no longer offer tours of the WIS unit. Look for a virtual tour of the facility to appear online this month!
- Breastfeeding Class!
- Prepared Childbirth Class
- Natural Childbirth Class
- Newborn Care Class
- Sibling Adjustment (Siblings Rule!) Class
- Preterm Labor Class
- Online Childbirth Education
Preparing For Surgery Class (PREPS)
Banner Estrella offers a free class for patients scheduled for surgery or an invasive procedure. Classes are held every other Tuesday from 1 to 2 p.m. Learn more about PREPS
- Instructors teach simple techniques for rapid recovery, pain management and maintaining a strong immune system after your surgery or procedure.
Joint Replacement Class: Banner Estrella offers classes to patients scheduled to receive a knee or hip replacement at the hospital.
- Classes meet from 1 to 2:30 p.m. select Tuesdays on campus.
- Family members and caregivers may also attend
- For more information or to register, call (623) 327-4242.
- A tour of the Orthopedic Unit is offered after Joint Replacement Class for interested individuals.
Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery Classes
Banner Estrella offers a free information seminars for patients interested in learning more about bariatric surgery. Classes are held several times a month at Banner Estrella and Banner Gateway. View a schedule of our informational sessions