Women's Heart Assessment
The trained medical professionals at the Women’s Heart Center understand women’s heart disease.
We work closely with patients to help identify and evaluate their individual risk factors, such as a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
We then outline care plans that take into account these risk factors and the various lifestyle changes that can help reduce a woman’s individual risk and foster a more heart healthy way of life.
In addition to free education and consultation services, we provide low-cost screening assessments to help women evaluate their individual risk factors for heart disease.
Screening participation requires a $25 out-of-pocket fee that is not covered by most insurance plans. A free online risk assessment is also available.
The $25 health check includes:
- Blood pressure test: High blood pressure or hypertension can make the heart work harder than normal and can cause heart enlargement and weakening. It also increases the risk or heart attack and stoke.
- Cholesterol screening: This screening is a good starting point if you have never had your cholesterol tested or is great opportunity to see if the lifestyle changes you are making are effective in helping to control cholesterol levels.
- Body mass index and body fat percentage: The BMI Calculator helps determine if you are at a healthy weight.
- Cardiac risk assessment: This assessment can help determine your risk for developing heart disease and enable you to modify your lifestyle to help you live a longer and healthier life.
- One-on-one consultation with a heart health expert: This will help you understand your results and help you determine steps to make healthier lifestyle choices.
To schedule a heart assessment with the Women’s Heart Center, please call (480) 321-4968 (4YOU).