Become a Volunteer
Members of our Volunteer Service League are ambassadors for Banner Ironwood Medical Center. Our volunteers are as diverse as the communities we serve.
Our volunteer program provides flexibility in scheduling and placement to accommodate seasonal volunteers, teens and career professionals. The goal of the Volunteer Services department is to maximize our volunteers' talent by providing opportunities that use their skills.
The rewards of volunteering at Banner Ironwood Medical Center are numerous:
- Opens doors to community connections.
- Provides opportunities to make a difference in your community.
- Provides opportunities for exploring potential health care careers.
- Provides opportunities to contribute to the care and recovery of the patients we serve.
- Additionally, studies show that people who volunteer live longer!
Volunteers contribute hours in all aspects of our facilities from nursing floors and medical records, to the Emergency department, Information Desks and Gift Shop. Wherever your talents lie, we have a place for you!
Volunteer assignments range in duration from three to six hours with the shifts available mornings, afternoons or evenings. Volunteers contribute hours in a variety of ways throughout the year. We'll work together to develop a convenient volunteer schedule for you.
For your convenience, we have provided the application resources below:
- Complete and return the application to the Volunteer Services department. (See return information below.)
- Agree to complete health screening requirements: an annual TB skin test, current immunization records that should include MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) and chicken pox.
- Agree to serve one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of 100 hours.
- Cover Letter (Printable PDF)
- Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Application
Teens who are interested in volunteering at the Banner Ironwood must be between the ages of 15 and 17.
Please note: Teen volunteers are required to be accompanied by their parents serving as volunteers, as well. Community service hours cannot be met by volunteering.
- Learn more and view the application form to become a teen volunteer.
- For more information about volunteering, call Volunteer Services at (480) 394-4042.