Breast Cancer Screening
Cancer screening exams are medical tests that are performed when a person has no symptoms.
All women should be familiar with their breasts so that they will notice any changes and report them to their doctor without delay.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center also recommends the following:
- Clinical breast exams every one to three years beginning at age 20. Schedule a clinical breast exam at the time of or just before your regularly scheduled mammogram.
- Yearly mammograms and clinical breast exams beginning at age 40 and continuing for as long as a woman is in good health.
- Having “breast self-awareness”, knowing your breasts and reporting any changes to physicians.
- If you are age 35 or older, ask your doctor to calculate your breast cancer risk.
- Consider additional screening if you are at risk.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center offers the full range of screening and diagnostic tools for detecting breast cancer at our outpatient Women's Imaging Center. To schedule a screening mammogram, please call (480) 543-6900.