Give Back! Become a Banner Thunderbird Volunteer
Volunteer Program February
February 2016 Update
Our volunteers play a vital role in supporting Banner Health’s mission of making a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care. Banner Thunderbird currently has volunteer service opportunities available in our Adult Volunteer Program.
Our Teen Volunteer Program is currently full. See below for information about getting on our waiting list.
At this time, we have a significant need for golf cart shuttle drivers, therapy dogs, information desk and nursing unit volunteers, and there are many other service opportunities available.
Here's how volunteers can help:
- Caring Cart
- Clerical Support
- Therapy Dogs
- Emergency Department
- Nursing Units
- Gift Shop
- Golf Cart Shuttle
- Information Desks and Escort Services
- Materials Management
- Outpatient Services
- Surgery Waiting Room Desks
For more information or to apply, contact the Volunteer Resources office at
Teen Volunteer Programs
We have two Teen Volunteer Programs at Banner Thunderbird for high school students:
- A year-round program for older teens at least 16 years of age.
- A summer only program for younger teens who are at least 14 to 15 years old.
Our year-round program for teens 16 years of age or older is currently full. You may request to be placed on our waiting list, and the average wait time for volunteer placement is two to three months.
- Year-round teen volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of at least 100 hours of volunteer service over a six month period of time. These hours are typically served in one shift of three to four hours a week.
- We do not have a “summer only” volunteer program for teens16 years of age or older.
If you are 16 years of age or older, and wish to be placed on the waiting list for our
year-round teen volunteer or for more information, please call Volunteer Resources at (602) 865-5760.
Our summer-only teen volunteer program is open to students who are at least a freshman in high school and 14-15 years of age.
- Our summer-only teen volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of at least 40 hours of volunteer service over a three month period of time. These hours are generally served in one shift of four hours a week.
- If you meet the age requirement and would like to volunteer for our summer only program, please contact us no later than February 29.
Placement opportunities for our summer only program are limited, so call Volunteer Resources at (602) 865-5760 as soon as possible to be placed on the summer waiting list, or for more information.