Cancer Support and Education
At North Colorado Medical Center, we offer an assortment of support resources.
We have an on-site cancer social worker who provides free counseling and support services to help patients and their families.
Please visit our Cancer Resource Library in the main lobby of the Cancer Institute, where you can check out books, reference materials, videos, audio tapes and online information free of charge.
- STAR -- Support, Touch, and Reach breast cancer survivors - a support and education group for women with breast cancer and their loved ones.
- Cost: Free
- When: Meetings are held the first Thursday of every month from 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Where: Cancer Institute Conference Room
- Call: Betty Parsons at (970) 339-7137 for more information.
- A Prostate Cancer Support Group –a support and education group for men with prostate cancer and their loved ones.
- Cost: Free
- When: Third Thursday of every month from 5:30 - 7 p.m.
- Where: The Cancer Institute conference room
- Call: Juliane Fritz at (970) 810-6567 for more information.
- Yoga for Cancer Survivors
- American Cancer Society’s Reach to Recovery®, a patient-to-patient visitation program offering education and support for breast cancer patients.
- American Cancer Society’s Look Good…Feel Better® a program designed to help cancer patients cope with body changes while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Hospitality House
- End of Life Care
For further information regarding education and support services at North Colorado Medical Center, please call (970) 810-6163.