Why Should I Volunteer at NCMC?
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and gain new experiences. It may help you make a career choice or give you exposure to a whole new environment. It makes you feel good and is good for your health. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to share your talents and give back to the community.
Other Volunteer Benefits:
- Free Spirit of Women Membership
- Educational Opportunities
- Discount at the Gift Shop, cafeteria, and on some over-the-counter items at the pharmacy
- Free Flu Shots
- After 40 hours of service, free NCMC gym membership
- For students with 150 hours or more, opportunities for scholarships
- Recognition for years and hours of service
- Participation in fun events
- A $4.00 meal ticket to be redeemed the day you volunteer (must work a 4-hr. shift)
But the best answers to the question, ‘why volunteer?’ come from volunteers themselves.
"You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." - Beverly
"It feels good helping people who are so appreciative. Volunteering gave me a lot of exposure to the medical field and insight into the the various career options open to me." - Jessie, High School Student, Northridge High School
"I like to help people. That is why I volunteer!" - Retired Marine, Al