Aromatherapy, using essential oils from aromatic plants, can help you feel better and reduce your discomfort.
Aromatherapy is a natural compliment or alternative to other health treatment options such as certain prescribed medications. It doesn’t “cure” major illnesses but can help ease many of the discomforts associated with them.
Aromatherapy uses pure oil distilled from a plant rather than synthetic scents that people can be allergic or sensitive to.
These oils can provide comfort for many common conditions such as anxiety, nausea and pain. Some aromatherapy benefits:
- Relaxation and stress relief
- Relief of minor discomforts
- Immune system, respiratory system, and circulatory system boosts
At participating Banner Health facilities, we offer a variety of ingredients to promote your well-being:
- Roman chamomile, lavender: Excellent at reducing stress and alleviating anxiety
- Peppermint: Invigorating and helps combat fatigue
- Lavender, clary sage: Promotes sleep
We apply the oils through hand or foot massage as well distributing them through cotton balls or gauze pads.
Please talk with your hospital health care provider to make an appointment to work with one of our aromatherapy specialists.
Aromatherapy is currently being offered at these Banner Health facilities:
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Banner Desert Medical Center, Mesa, Ariz.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Banner Thunderbird Medical Center, Glendale, Ariz.
- Page Hospital, Page, Ariz.
- North Colorado Medical Center, Greeley, Colo.
- Community Hospital, Torrington, Wyo.