- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces skinless ground turkey breast
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 15 ounce can stewed diced tomatoes w/ juice
- 1½ cups instant brown rice
- ¾ cup lowfat
- low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon each: thyme; garlic powder
- black pepper and caraway seeds to taste
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray and heat to medium high.
- Sauté onion until lightly brown and add the ground turkey and saute until thorughly cooked.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat simmer covered until rice is tender and excess liquid has evaporated, about 5-10 minutes.
You can serve this dish with additional steamed veggies- we liked broccoli or peas and carrots.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2¼ cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories from Fat 1
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Exchanges: 1 bread, 1½ meat, 2 veg