Banner Concussion Center
An estimated 1.6 million to 3.8 million sports and recreation-related concussions occur each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Banner Concussion Center is located at 1320 N. 10th St, Suite B, near Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix in Arizona. We are here to provide the very best care with a unique approach to the diagnosis, management and treatment of concussions.
Banner Concussion Center brings together a team of medical experts with decades of experience in treating patients. The team includes physicians, neurophyschologists, athletic trainers, audiologists, as well as vision and balance therapists.
Transcription Available Upon Request
Our comprehensive approach to concussion care includes:
- Complete community concussion awareness and education program
- Baseline and post injury neurocognitive, balance and vision testing
- Comprehensive concussion care by experts experienced in the diagnosis and management of concussion
- Readily accessible panel of subspecialists with experience caring for post-concussion syndrome and other concussion complications
- Treatment, not just management, of concussions
- A research team dedicated to making new advancements in the field of concussion diagnosis and treatment.
We aim to serve as the catalyst for change and the premier resource for the prevention, recognition and treatment of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI).
Our goal is to teach, promote and model the optimal program of prevention, education, management and treatment of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) for all patients regardless of their vocation, athletic participation or recreational activities.
“Educating parents, coaches and athletes how to recognize the signs and symptoms of concussion and what the appropriate steps that health care providers should take in the prevention, diagnosis and management of concussion is one of the most important issues in sports medicine.” - Steven M. Erickson, MD, Medical Director, Banner Concussion Center and a board-certified sports medicine specialist.