Colon cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in the United States.
Most colon cancers (about 70 percent) are found in the first six feet of the large intestine. The other 30 percent occur in the last 10 inches of the large intestine (rectum). Collectively they are referred to as colorectal cancers.
At Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, colorectal cancer is treated with a multidisciplinary approach in which a team of experts including medical oncologists, surgeons and radiation oncologists work together to develop an individual treatment plan based on each patient’s unique needs.
Learn More About Colorectal Cancer
Cancer risk factors include exposure to chemicals or other substances, as well as certain behaviors. They also include things people cannot control, like age and family history.
Colorectal cancer risk factors
Most cancers have the same symptoms as other, less serious conditions. Still, it’s important to know the signs.
Colorectal cancer symptoms