Symptoms of skin cancer vary from person to person and may include:
- Change on the skin, such as a new spot or one that changes in size, shape or color
- Sore that doesn’t heal
- Spot or sore that changes in sensation, itchiness, tenderness or pain
- Small, smooth, shiny, pale or waxy lump
- Firm red lump that may bleed or develops a crust
- Flat, red spot that is rough, dry or scaly
Many of these symptoms are not cancer, but if you notice one or more of them for more than two weeks, see your doctor.