Referral indications to the Clinical Cancer Genetics Program include patients with the following risk factors:
- Cancer that occurs at an earlier age than in the general population
- Two or more different cancers in the same person
- Two or more close family members who have had the same type of cancer (for example: Mother and sister with breast cancer, or father and daughter with colorectal cancer)
- Same type of cancer in several generations of the family
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry (Eastern or Central European) with breast or colorectal cancer
- Polyposis (multiple polyps in the stomach or intestines)
- Rare cancers such as sarcoma or male breast cancer
- Concerns about developing cancer because of family history
We are happy to see new patients. Patients may contact us directly to schedule a genetic consultation. If you have relevant test results, please bring them to the consultation.
Call (408) 256-6444 to make your first appointment.
Current patients of Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center may request their physician refer them to the Clinical Cancer Genetics Program.