While the main goal of cancer care is to cure the disease, some treatments can leave patients with a loss of function or major changes to their bodies. This can result in a poor quality of life. At Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, our plastic surgery team specializes in procedures that restore normal function and correct the physical changes caused by cancer-related treatments.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to care and works closely with patients’ primary care teams. Our staff are experts in state-of-the-art microvascular surgical techniques, helping us achieve the best possible outcomes. In most cases, reconstruction is performed immediately after the tumor has been removed.
We see Banner MD Anderson patients as well as patients who received their primary cancer care at another hospital.
Our services include:
- Reconstructive surgery of defects in the head and neck
- Reconstructive surgery of the breast
- Reconstructive surgery of the extremities
- Reconstructive surgery of the torso
- Complex microsurgery reconstruction
- Complex wound management
- Reconstruction for melanoma and skin cancer patients.
We also specialize in the treatment of defects after removal of the following types of cancer: