Making Your Life Easier
Clinical Connectivity is Banner’s on-line link to clinical information. It is designed for physicians, office staff and health insurance staff to access clinical information quickly, easily and on their own schedules.
About Clinical Connectivity
Clinical Connectivity is accessible from any computer with internet access. Minimum requirements for access to the web portal include:
- Personal Computer running Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP (XP is preferred with all service packs installed)
- Broadband internet access (cable or high-speed DSL)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher
- Clinical Connectivity may or may not work with Macintosh computers. Use of any internet browser other than Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher may cause the information to display or function incorrectly.
Clinical Connectivity is reserved for the following Clinical Providers:
- Physicians who have privileges at one or more of Banner’s hospitals. Arizona and Western Regions
- Office staff and clinical employees of physicians who practice at one or more of these hospitals.
- Licensed physician who provides treatment to patients who receive or are receiving services at one or more Banner Health hospitals.
- Health insurance providers whose enrollees are inpatients or outpatients at these hospitals.
- Groups contracted with Banner.
Enrolling is Easy
Enrollment is done via the web. Type https://access.bannerhealth.com/clinicalconnectivity/ in your web browser, or click here, and the Banner Health Clinical Connectivity home page will appear.click here
- Multi-physician groups should sign up as one group.
- Single physician offices can sign up as a group of one.
Click the “click here” link in the “Register a New Office Group” section. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Each group must have a sponsoring physician and a group administrator. The sponsoring physician can act as the group administrator, if desired.
- The sponsoring physician agrees to accept responsibility for the activities of the group administrator and all group members.
- The group administrator will usually be the office manager or administrator for a group of physicians and will be empowered to manage access and permissions for physicians and staff within their group.
- Access for all staff members and their applications may be requested during the enrollment process.
- The sponsoring physician and the group administrator must sign a Contract for Clinical Connectivity. This contract is an acknowledgement of your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of patient health information.
It can take up to approximately two weeks after the signed contract is returned to Banner IT to process your Clinical Connectivity request as follows:
- Staff privileges are approved/verified by MSS (usually 1-2 days).
- A Clinical Connectivity contract and instructions are then emailed to the Group Administrator. A prompt return of your contract will enable us to complete your enrollment more quickly.
- A final step - Upon return receipt of your contract, Clinical Connectivity logon and passwords will be emailed to the Group Administrator. Training guides are located on home page under HELP documents.
Clinical Connectivity Provides
- Cerner Millennium: Clinical information for all Banner Health (BH) Arizona and Western region inpatient facilities Clinical Results (Cerner Millennium)
- Physician-specific census lists
- Patient-specific “face sheets” containing patient demographic and billing information
- Electronic Signature (Web ESA) is for physicians only
- Radiology imaging (PACS)
- Peribirth (IPROB) OB record
- Phillips OB TraceVue Fetal Monitoring
- Each use of Clinical Connectivity is tracked, logged and subject for review.
- Each user is accountable for the patient information that they access. Each user will only access the patient information needed in order to perform their responsibilities in providing direct patient care.
- Physicians, Group Administrators and all users are required to comply with the terms under which this system should be used, which are outlined in the agreement signed by your organization. Your organization has a copy of these terms and each user should review them.
In addition to the full list of terms, we want to emphasize the following:
- Access to the system is limited to employees of your organization only, and should not be given to subcontractors, consultants, external review agencies, or external auditors unless a specific exception has been made via the expressed written consent of Banner Health.
- Passwords and user IDs are never to be shared among users under any circumstances. Each user must be assigned a unique ID by their Group Administrator.
- When reviewing clinical information in the Cerner system, users are only authorized to view those cases for which their organization is the provider (physician offices) or payor (insurance companies).
- If an employee leaves your organization or no longer has a need to view this information, it is the responsibility of the Group Administrator to immediately cancel that person’s ID.
- Violation of any of these rules is a breach of the terms of your agreement and could result in the immediate cancellation of all user IDs for your organization.
We are pleased to provide your organization with access to this system and feel that it enhances patient care for all of us.
However, Banner Health is committed to protecting the privacy of our patients and will take any action warranted to ensure that their health care data is secure.
If you have urgent problems or questions, call the Banner Help Desk at (602) 747-4444. The Medical Staff Services department at your Banner facility can provide you with a contact number for the IT Clinical Liaisons at each facility if you need additional assistance.