Expectations of Faculty
If you agree to present education intended to qualify for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, you will be expected to:
- Submit a completed Disclosure Form which will be provided by the planner. If you report a conflict of interest, i.e., a financial relationship (of any amount within the past 12 months) with a commercial interest that is relevant to your participation as faculty, please describe how you will ensure that relationship will not influence the content of your presentation. The ACCME requires that accredited providers resolve conflicts of interest. To meet that requirement, the CME committee chairman will review your report and may ask for additional information per the Banner Disclosure and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest policy below.
- Based on the identified need for education (the practice gap), formulate learning objectives that will describe the desired result of the education, i.e., what the physician participant is expected to be able to do after participating.
- Develop the content of your presentation to meet those objectives. NOTE: Commercial or business logos should not appear on slides or within the educational content in printed materials.
- Plan a format that allows for interaction with the audience.
- Upon request of the program director, provide a few questions for a post-test.
Resources for Presenters
Claiming Credit for Teaching at a Live Banner CME Activity
To claim credit for preparing and presenting an original presentation at a live activity that has been certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, the physician should apply to the AMA for a certificate indicating the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ awarded for teaching each activity.
Documentation required is a copy of the page(s) used by the provider to announce or describe the activity which includes the name of the speaker, accredited CME provider, AMA Credit Designation Statement, date and location of the activity.
Teachers may qualify for two AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per one hour of presentation time at education approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.