Nurture Your Career and Take It in a New Direction.
The Banner Health Foundation and Banner Center for Health Careers is proud to provide the Anthony J. Jannetti/Marriott Nursing Scholarship. This award is available to Banner Health registered nurses pursuing advanced degrees in nursing.
Dates for 2017
- Application Deadline: Feb. 17, 2017
- Applicants will be notified of selection status in late March 2017
- Be an RN currently employed at least 32 hours per week at an Arizona Region Banner Health Facility for at least one (1) year at Banner Health at the time of application.
- Be accepted into a nursing-related degree-granting program or enrolled in part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Have a minimum current grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent). If current GPA is not available, please submit transcripts from previous program.
- Must not be in corrective action at the time of application.
- Must have scored a minimum of "Meets Expectations" on most recent performance evaluation.
(Please note that previous recipients of the Jannetti Scholarship are not eligible.)
- A one-time award of $1,500 to each recipient
- The Excellence Award of $2,500 award to one recipient
Submit an Application
History of the Jannetti Scholarship
This scholarship honors Anthony J. Jannetti, long time Banner Health Foundation board member, and his commitment to support of the nursing profession. His business, located in Pitman, New Jersey, serves as the headquarters for a number of specialty nursing associations, as well as provides marketing and communications services to the membership.
For a number of years Mr. Jannetti hosted The Linguine Invitational golf tournament as a thank you to the hospitality community for the work they do on behalf of his clients. Guests indicated they felt they wanted to honor him in some way and so in 1992, two local community leaders, Bill McDonald, then director of sales for Hyatt Regency Phoenix, and David S. Radcliffe, then president of the Phoenix Convention & Visitors Bureau, instituted the program.
The Marriott Corporation is a major contributor to this scholarship fund and because of their commitment, it will now be known as the Anthony J. Jannetti/Marriott Nursing Scholarship. One truly remarkable fact worth noting is the geographic scope of the donor base. Almost 90 percent of the contributions come from out-of-state residents. To date, more than 165 Banner Health nurses have benefited from the generosity and commitment of Mr. Jannetti and his friends in the hospitality community.
For More Information
If you have questions about or would like to apply to the Jannetti Scholarship, please email us.
Banner Health will comply with all Federal regulations, policies and laws that are currently in effect. All participants are bound by any Federal, State or Local law/regulations as well as the Internal Revenue codes that are currently in effect.