The Banner Health Center for Health Careers is proud to provide Surgical Technology for the Operating Room Nurse (STORN). This program is a certificate program specifically designed to prepare an experienced RN for transition to the OR setting.
Dates for 2015
- Application Deadline: October 19, 2015
- Award Notification: October 23, 2015
- An RN currently employed at any Arizona Region Banner Health entity
- A resident of the state of Arizona
- Must not be in corrective action at the time of application
- Start Date: Jan 18, 2016
- Location: Gateway Community College
- Commitment: 21 Credit Hours
- Spring Semester-Class times are Mondays and Fridays only from 8A-4P
- Summer Semester- OR Clinical - 140 case hours- days/hours flexible
- Financial: Full cost of STORN program tuition, books, and fees (up to $4,000) paid for by BH
- Requires completion of the program and a two-year work commitment in a Banner Health OR setting upon program completion
Applicants Are Required to Submit:
- Completed Application Form (Word)
- Professional resume/curriculum vitae
- Most recent GPA (unofficial transcripts will satisfy)
- One letter of professional recommendation from your BH leader.
- Summary of any individual honors, awards, and achievements that demonstrate engagement
- A typed 500-1000 word essay. Please see application for essay details.
- Please send applications along with all attachments via email to: BH-BannerCenterforHealthCareers@bannerhealth.com
For More Information:
If you have questions, please email us.
Banner Health will comply with all Federal regulations, policies and laws that are currently in effect. All participants are bound by any Federal, State or Local law/regulations as well as the Internal Revenue codes that are currently in effect.