Medical Staff Bylaws
Medical staff bylaws provide the framework for the medical staff organization to discharge its responsibilities involving quality of medical care and performance of its members. Bylaws provide the legal structure for medical staff operations, rights and obligations of staff membership, and relationships including that between the medical staff and Board of Directors.
General Rules and Regulations
Information pertaining to the responsibilities of providers who care for patients on the Banner Behavioral Health campus.
Banner Behavioral requires all providers to be credentialed according to medical staff-approved procedures as provided in the Credentialing Procedures Manual.
Any practitioner whose membership and/or privileges are denied, revoked, suspended, reduced or otherwise limited shall be entitled to a hearing upon timely and proper request, unless such limitations constitute non-reviewable action as defined in the Bylaws. Review the Fair Hearing Plan for physicians at Banner Behavioral.
Medical Staff Policies
Providers are responsible for abiding by policies of Banner Behavioral Health Hospital. The Policy and Procedure Database may be accessed from the Banner Behavioral Health Employee Website homepage.
Instructions for Access
- From a Banner Health-based computer, please visit the Banner Health Employee Website
- Under “Systemwide Links” on the right side of your screen, please click “Policies & Procedures”
- Enter a keyword or policy number into the “Keywords” field
- Click “Search”
- Select the desired policy from the list by clicking on the name of the policy
- The policy will open as a PDF Document
Below are several important policies providers should be familiar with:
- Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation of the Incapacitated or Vulnerable Adult
- Evacuation Procedure (#2967)
- Focused Professional Practice Evaluation
- Medical Record Abbreviations and Symbols
- Methadone and Buprenorphine Opiate Usage
- Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation
- Pain Assessment and Management
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Professional Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Tobacco Free Campus