Northern Colorado is one of the fastest growing regions in the country. The combination of great weather, geography, and job opportunity has made northern Colorado a major center for growth. Greeley is a rapidly growing University community of more than 100,000 people situated just east of the northern front range of the Rocky Mountains. Greeley, like most of Northern Colorado enjoys 300+ days of sunshine every year, and with Rocky Mountain National Park just an hour straight West of the NCFM clinic, weekends off are sure to be enjoyable. During the winter months, amazing Colorado skiing and snowboarding is just a short drive away. The Denver airport is just an hour south of the NCFM clinic and offers nonstop flights to almost any destination in the US, for easy getaways.
But, you don't have to go far to enjoy all that Northern Colorado has to offer. Greeley has over 20 miles of paved trails for walking, running, and biking following the historic Poudre River corridor. The trail connects Greeley to neighboring Windsor, and will eventually link to Fort Collins. The city is dotted with parks, many of which boast sizable lakes that are bird sanctuaries and great places to fish.
Greeley, like much of Northern Colorado has a rapidly growing cultural and arts scene. From June-September, the city hosts First Friday events where residents can enjoy free live music on the 9th Street Plaza in downtown Greeley and browse the shops, restaurants, and galleries that downtown Greeley has to offer. The University of Northern Colorado hosts a free outdoor summer concert series, and in the spring, you can enjoy UNC's nationally-recognized, award-winning jazz ensembles at the annual UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival.
Learn more about the facilities where our residents train, all located in or near Greeley:
- North Colorado Family Medicine Clinic is the continuity clinic home for all three years for Core and Hospitalist Program Residents as well as for Wray and Sterling residents during their PGY-1 year. The clinic is just a two-block walk from the hospital (NCMC).
- North Colorado Medical Center is the site of all PGY-1 hospital rotations for all programs and is the site of many elective rotations during PGY-2 and PGY-3 for Core, Hospitalist, and Sunrise residents. The upper floors facing west offer unobstructed views of the Rocky Mountains.
- Sterling Regional MedCenter is the continuity clinic and rotation home for Sterling Program Residents during PGY-2 and PGY-3.
- Sunrise Community Health Center is the continuity clinic home for Sunrise residents during for all three years.
- Wray Clinic is the continuity clinic and rotation home for Wray Program residents during PGY-2 and PGY-3.