Do you have a picky eater at home? This can make it tough to find and try new healthy snack choices that are good alternatives to cookies and chips.
What can you do? We’ve put together a great recipe using healthy snack ingredients that any picky eater will still love. It’s a fun twist on your traditional “ants on a log.” Our Snackable Snails can make snack time fun for you and your picky eater. Give them a try!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Apple
- Candy Eyes (12-16)
- Cashews (6-8)
- 1 Orange
- Peanut Butter (almond butter works as a great substitute for peanut allergies)
- 2 Stalks of Celery
Makes 6-8 snails.
Here’s how you do it:
- Gather your ingredients.
- Slice the fruit from top to bottom and remove seeds/core.
- Chop up the celery lengthwise into 3-4 pieces per stalk.
- Add a smear of peanut butter to each piece of celery.
- Top the peanut butter with a fruit slice and a cashew, both standing up vertically to create the shape of a snail.
- Attach the eyes to the cashews using another dab of peanut butter.
Get your picky eaters involved in assembling these adorable treats, and they can snack on leftover fruit slices while they’re working. They’ll be sure to chow down on our Snackable Snails afterwards!