Cutting back on sugar can be easier—and healthier—than you might think with our fun Monster Bites. The kids will gleefully eat them up, and you’ll win major style points while serving up a tasty, healthy snack.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 apple (any kind—red or green)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- A handful of almond slices
- A handful of yogurt chips
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- A few squeezes of honey from a bottle
Makes 4 Monster Bites.
Don’t forget: You can substitute things for common allergies. For example, use almond butter instead of peanut butter or red bell peppers instead of strawberries.
Here’s how you do it:
- Cut the apple into four equal pieces.
- Carefully carve out the middle of each apple piece until a mouth is formed.
- Spoon peanut butter into the mouth in the apple until it is coated.
- Slice the strawberry lengthwise into strips and place into the mouth.
- Add drops of honey on top of the apple faces.
- Place yogurt chips on the honey to make the eyes.
Now, plate them up and enjoy. This is a great activity for the kids to help with, too, so invite your little ones to join in.