FALLON, Nev. — Bringing back the health fair is a way members of the Banner Churchill Community Hospital Auxiliary can say thank you to the Fallon community for its support throughout the year, said the organization’s president.
After an absence of several years, Fallon’s Live Healthy Community Health Fair is 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 5 at the Fallon Convention Center, 100 Campus Way in Fallon. The community fair is sponsored by Banner Churchill Community Hospital and the hospital auxiliary.
“The community residents shop at the thrift store and they shop at the gift shop,” said Marcia Vinson. “We wanted to give back.”
Vinson said the annual event ended a few years ago, and the group was happy to bring it back.
A highlight of the health fair is the free flu shot clinic The hospital auxiliary purchased a large quantity of flu shots and they are making those available to members of the community ages 6 months and older free of charge. Health experts recommend that people receive a flu shot prior to the flu season which typically runs from November through March.
The health fair also features:
- EMS personnel to conduct car seat safety checks
- CareFlight on site for tours
- Balance and mobility screenings
- Telehealth demonstrations
- Information on the Better Breathers Club
- Information from local nonprofit agencies
- Health and wellness business information and products
- The Lions Club and information on adaptive equipment for people with hearing and vision impairment
- Height, weight and body fat analysis
- Take-home kits for colorectal cancer screening
- Lung and skin cancer screening.
The event is free. For more information, please call (775) 867-7006.