PHOENIX – A number of Banner Health hospitals recently received the highest patient safety rating from Leapfrog Group a national patient safety watchdog organization. Eight Banner hospitals, including facilities in Arizona, Nevada and Colorado, received an A.
Banner hospitals that received the “A” ranking include:
- Banner Baywood Medical Center – Mesa, Ariz.
- Banner Boswell Medical Center – Sun City, Ariz.
- Banner Churchill Community Hospital – Fallon, Nev.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center – Sun City West, Ariz.
- Banner Desert Medical Center – Mesa, Ariz.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Banner Payson Medical Center – Payson, Ariz.
- Sterling Regional MedCenter – Sterling, Colo.
“We’re honored to be recognized for the safety and quality of care we strive to provide for our patients every day,” said John Hensing, MD, executive vice president and chief medical officer for Banner Health. “We know our patients and their loved ones recognize our efforts and commitment, and we couldn’t be more proud of these accomplishments.”
The Leapfrog Safety Grade uses 30 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to more than 2,600 U.S. hospitals twice per year. It is calculated by top patient safety experts, peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public. A full description of the data and methodology used in determining grades is available online.
“Protecting patients from harm is the most important charge for any hospital,” said Leah Binder, president and CEO of The Leapfrog Group. “We recognize and appreciate ‘A’ hospitals’ vigilance and continued dedication to keeping their patients safe.”