PHOENIX (Aug. 10, 2021) – Ready or not, it’s back to school and both parents and kids can make this semester a successful one by doing a little prep work. Banner Health experts offer expertise on a wide range of health-related topics that affect both student and parent.
Our experts can offer insights on topics such as:
• Nutrition: What’s a healthy breakfast? What are five nutritious lunches that parents can pack for students? What nutrients do kids need to have a good day at school?
• Essentials for back to school: Does my child need a back-to-school wellness exam? What can be found out during a wellness exam? How do exams help young student athletes?
• Flu season: What is this year’s flu season going to be like? And why flu shots won’t cause kids to get COVID-19. What other vaccinations do kids need?
• Sleep: The importance of a good night’s rest. What are the signs of poor sleep and how can parents help? What role do naps play in good sleep hygiene for kids?
• Wellness: When should a child stay home sick? What are the most contagious childhood conditions? Should sibling be kept home as well?
• Mental health: How can parents support and empower children when bullying occurs at school or online? And how can they help kids deal with anxiety of returning to school or settling into a new one
About Banner Health
Headquartered in Arizona, Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country. The system owns and operates 30 acute-care hospitals, Banner Health Network, Banner – University Medicine, academic and employed physician groups, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other services; including Banner Urgent Care, family clinics, home care and hospice services, pharmacies and a nursing registry. Banner Health is in six states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. For more information, visit bannerhealth.com.