The Banner – University Medicine Diabetes and Endocrine Institute is unique in Phoenix and all of Arizona in its mission to streamline and coordinate patient care. Our highly-skilled, board-certified specialists work together for the shared purpose of delivering the best in medicine and surgery for endocrine conditions. The home for the institute is the newly renovated 1441 Building on the campus of Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix. All physicians needed for your consultation are located on one campus and our institutes collaborate to ensure your health care needs are met.
The institute provides the following areas of treatment:
- Diabetes and diabetes-related medical conditions
- Metabolism and obesity conditions
- Pituitary disorders
- General endocrinology
- Thyroid (nodules/goiter, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism and Graves’ disease, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, molecular markers for thyroid cancer diagnosis)
- Parathyroid (hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis/osteopenia and kidney stones related to parathyroid disease, parathyroid disease due to renal disease, dialysis or kidney transplant, vitamin D deficiencies)
- Adrenal conditions (incidentalomas, pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas, aldosteronomas, Cushing’s)
- Genetic and hereditary endocrine conditions (multiple endocrine neoplasia type I and II, Cowden syndrome/PHTS/PTEN mutations, familial adenomatous polyposis FAP, familial thyroid cancer)
- Ultrasound for all thyroid and parathyroid conditions, neck masses and lymph nodes, lymph node mapping for thyroid cancer, ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNA)
- Surgery for all of the above conditions, including operations performed for complex, recurrent or reoperative disease, and specialized bariatric surgery, specialized thyroid and lymph node surgeries, parathyroidectomy, adrenalectomy, and operations performed as minimally invasive surgery
We invite you to explore the patient education materials available at the following links:
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public.
The physicians of the Banner – University Medicine Diabetes and Endocrine Institute are engaged in teaching and training of future health care providers via multiple programs.
The Diabetes and Bariatrics Center hosts Tuesday evening seminars every month that are open to the public. These seminars cover topics related to medical and surgical weight loss while also promoting a path to overall health and well-being. Please visit Banner Health’s online calendar for a complete list.