The Endocrine Surgery Center is unique to Phoenix and Arizona in its mission to streamline and coordinate patient care via a group of highly-skilled, board-certified and fellowship-trained surgeons. Our surgeons are nationally and internationally recognized as experts in both routine, rare and complex surgical problems affecting the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands.
The home for the Endocrine Surgery Center is the newly renovated 1441 building on the campus of Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix. All physicians relevant to your consultation are on this campus, and many are involved in providing specialized care of other institutes that collaborate to ensure your healthcare needs are met.
We provide a one-stop experience that allows the patient to have complete care via one visit, one building, one team. Our surgeons hope to provide you and your family with the best possible solution to your thyroid, parathyroid or adrenal diagnosis.
Our endocrine surgeons are experts in these areas:
- Thyroid - nodules/goiter, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, molecular markers for thyroid cancer diagnosis.
- Parathyroid - hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis/osteopenia and kidney stones related to parathyroid disease, parathyroid disease due to renal disease, dialysis or kidney transplant, vitamin D deficiencies.
- Adrenal conditions - incidentalomas, pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas, aldosteronomas, Cushing’s syndrome.
- Genetic and hereditary endocrine conditions - multiple endocrine neoplasia type I and II, Cowden syndrome/PHTS/PTEN mutations, familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), familial thyroid cancer.
- Ultrasound for all thyroid and parathyroid conditions including neck masses and lymph nodes, lymph node mapping for thyroid cancer, and ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNA).
- Surgery for all of the above conditions, including operations performed for complex recurrent disease, specialized thyroid and lymph node surgeries, parathyroidectomy, adrenalectomy, and operations performed as minimally invasive surgery.
Mira Milas MD, FACS - Director, Endocrine Surgery Center
We invite you to explore the patient education materials available at the following links.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments which may not yet be available to the public.
The surgeons of the Endocrine Surgery Center are nationally and internationally recognized for their scholarly accomplishments. These include authorship of books and scientific publications, medical innovations, clinical trials and clinical research as well as leadership in professional organizations worldwide.
The physicians of Endocrine Surgery Center are engaged in teaching and training future healthcare providers via multiple programs, and have a lifelong track record of excellence in surgical education.
The Endocrine Surgery Center offers a variety of community events including lecture series, interactive meet-the-expert sessions and screenings for hereditary thyroid and endocrine conditions every January for National Thyroid Awareness month. Please stay tuned for more details.