The Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Center provides high quality, complex endoscopic interventions. A dedicated team of highly trained endoscopic nurses and technicians ensures the safe and successful performance of a large variety of advanced endoscopic interventions and services.
As a statement to our dedication to the latest advances in endoscopic treatments, we offer endoscopic treatment for Zenker’s diverticulum, (including cricopharyngeal myotomy) and endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for large pre-cancerous or superficial malignant lesions and POEM (per oral endoscopic myotomy) of the lower esophageal sphincter for patients with achalasia.
The Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Center is a regional leader in the management of chronic pancreatitis. Besides endoscopic management of pancreas divisum, pancreatic duct leaks, pancreatic duct strictures, pancreatic pseudocysts and walled-off pancreatic necrosis (WOPN), we have established a program for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) for the treatment of large pancreatic duct stones. Our program is the only one in the state in which ESWL is performed by specially trained gastroenterologists and one of three centers in the western United States.
Additional services include:
- Cholangioscopy & pancreatoscopy (SPY DS and direct cholangioscopy)
- Double balloon enteroscopy
- Electrohydraulic lithotripsy (EHL) for large bile duct stones
- Endoscopic management of endoscopic perforations using OverStitch (Apollo Endo-surgery) and/or large over the scope clips (Ovesco)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection for complex polyps and early cancer (high grade dysplasia or carcinoma in situ)
- Endoscopic stent placement (esophageal, gastric, duodenal, colonic)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) in altered surgical anatomy (gastric by-pass, Whipple disease, Billroth)
- Expert endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)-- diagnostic or therapeutic
- Expert ERCP for Sphincter of Oddi Dysphunction (SOD) or failed prior attempts at ERCP
- Minor papilla cannulation & dorsal pancreatic duct stenting for Pancreas Divisum
- Radiofrequency ablation for Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia
- Teodor Cristian Pitea, MD - Director of Banner Interventional Endoscopy Service; Chief, Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Center
- Other providers
Once you are scheduled for a procedure in the Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Center, a member of our team will contact you to provide more information and specific instructions to prepare you for your appointment.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public.