The Lung Institute unites the local community of pulmonologists in the Phoenix area with Banner Health’s academic medicine pulmonary care team At the Lung Institute at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, we provide comprehensive care for:
- Advanced lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Obstructive lung diseases (COPD, asthma, A1ATd, and bronchiectasis)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary nodules
Additionally, we have specialized providers who utilize multiple treatment modalities for pulmonary hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension:
- Bronchial thermoplasty
- Clinical research trials
- Critical care in the ICU
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Interventional bronchoscopy
- Interventional radiation oncology
- Navigational bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary fibrosis community support group
- Pulmonary hypertension clinic
- Right heart catheterization
- Thoracic surgery services (Thromboembolectomy, VATS)
In addition, we provide testing such as pulmonary function, cardiopulmonary exercise, and lab testing onsite in our clinics so patients do not need to go to multiple locations.
- Rajeev Saggar, MD – Physician Executive Director; Center Director – Pulmonary Hypertension Center & Interstitial Lung Disease Center
- Raed Alalawi, MD – Co-Center Director –Interventional Pulmonary Center
- Rick Sue, MD – Co-Center Director – Interventional Pulmonary Center
- Tony Hodges, MD – Program Director – Lung Transplant Program
View all of our providers at Banner - University Medicine Lung Institute.
At each visit, our care teams will provide education you need for preventive and ongoing pulmonary care. This education will be tailored to your needs and preferred learning style.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public.
The care team members of the Lung Institute provide multiple lectures locally in the Phoenix area, regionally in Arizona and the Southwest US, nationally, and internationally each year regarding various pulmonary-related topics.