Caring for this disease requires diligent care and prompt delivery of the advanced therapies the Lung Institute at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix is known for. Our team at the Pulmonary Hypertension Center provides holistic, comprehensive and collaborative care, and by teaming with our community partners to provide referrals for primary and secondary opinions. Some of our services include:
- Advanced imaging services such as high resolution CT scans, CT angiogram, and ventilation perfusion scans (VQ scan)
- Collaborative and comprehensive evaluations that assist with accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations
- Collaboration with our colleagues at the Heart Institute for echocardiogram services (ultrasound imaging of the heart)
- Comprehensive blood work in order to address possible contribution of connective tissue diseases
- Evaluation of sleep apnea symptoms
- Right and left heart chamber catheterization when indicated
- Rajeev Saggar, MD – Center Director – Pulmonary Hypertension Center
At the Pulmonary Hypertension Center, patients are provided educational materials regarding their individualized treatment plans as well as the expectations for their care. Family education and support is always available for specific questions or follow-up concerns.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public.