The multidisciplinary Banner – University Medicine Neuroscience Institute, located at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix includes medical, surgical and research specialists dedicated to treating neurological disorders. The institute offers the benefit of highly specialized, patient-centered care. This model enhances our current standard of neurological care and treatment, and facilitates our research efforts.
The institute model allows for improved access to comprehensive care for a single disease. This is done through a specialized, multidisciplinary, approach, which aligns and integrates the expertise of neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiatrists, neuropsychologists, neuroradiologists and others. It’s no wonder that the institute is positioned to be one of the leaders in the industry.
There are five centers and two programs within the Banner – University Medicine Neuroscience Institute.
Each center and program provides highly focused and coordinated care, while offering both value-based and complex care that is backed by evidence-based clinical pathways and protocols.
How to Get an Appointment
- Your physician can refer you to one of our Neuroscience Centers or you can make your appointment directly.
- Before beginning your treatment, our team of physicians and nurses will conduct a thorough evaluation and review your health and medical history.
- Tests may be conducted to help determine the cause of the condition leading to your symptoms.
- The staff will work with you and your physician to help develop a treatment program based on your individualized needs. Your progress will also be documented and adjusted accordingly to meet your goals.
For more information, contact the Neuroscience Institute at its location at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix today:
755 E. McDowell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85006
The Neuroscience Institute’s vision is to provide comprehensive neurological and neurosurgical care through partnership and collaboration.
- Comprehensive - providing continuity of care in both inpatient and outpatient settings that incorporate neurological, psychological and surgical treatments
- Consultations are provided in complex situations. Subspecialty care is also available.
- Referral for total care is available for complex and chronic neurological conditions.
- Partnership - Connecting providers within Banner Health and reaching out to community care providers to enrich patient experiences and advance health care quality.
- Collaboration - Integrating patient care and research aims to develop the academic medicine model of “To Care, To Discover, and To Teach”
The team at the Neuroscience Institute provides both inpatient and outpatient care while helping each patient through their care journey, while providing care out of Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix. Nationally recognized as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, it treats stroke patients by using advanced technologies such as catheter procedures and more.
Our care team will provide robust patient education at each visit and will instruct each patient and their support system on preventive and maintenance care for their individualized needs. Patient education is also specifically crafted to the patient’s needs and preferred learning style.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public.
The care team members of the Neuroscience Institute provide a variety of lectures on neurological topics at local, regional, national, and international locations each year.