Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix’s Comprehensive Center for Multiple Sclerosis is staffed by a highly-skilled interdisciplinary care team organized by a registered nurse navigator, to help patients manage their individualized treatment plans. By choosing our center, MS patients and their families can expect:
- Swift response for patients who have a sudden onset of symptoms (acute exacerbation).
- Engagement of patients in education, wellness and self-management rather than just disease management.
- Appreciation of the stress associated with the disease and its challenges that come with providing care, hand in hand with our recognition of the need to support MS patients’ families and caregivers.
- The ability to use the latest therapeutic interventions and the availability of research trials.
- Barry Hendin, MD – Center Director, Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Center
Patients are provided educational materials, and expectations are set, regarding their individualized treatment plans. Family education and support is always available for specific questions or follow-up concerns.
Our providers attend support groups across the Phoenix, AZ area and regularly provide information regarding MS-related topics at these support groups.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate, meaning you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public.