- Your physician can refer you to one of our four Wound Centers or you can make your appointment by contacting us directly at (602) 839-6040.
- Before beginning your treatment, our team of physicians and nurses will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests may be conducted to help determine the cause of the condition leading to your symptoms.
- The Wound and Reconstruction Institute staff will work with you and your physician to help develop a treatment program based on your individual needs. Your progress will also be documented and adjusted in order to best meet your goals.
The Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute is comprised of providers from multiple specialties, including:
Vascular medicine which relates to the circulatory system of the body
- Plastic/reconstructive surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Podiatry which focuses on foot and ankle care
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
In addition to our highly skilled physicians, the Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute includes:
- Nationally certified support staff in the areas of wound care, including Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
- Ostomy care
- Wound ostomy resource team
- Hyperbaric medicine which uses oxygen therapy for healing
- Clinical research specialists
- Wound-trained registered nurses & medical assistants
- Pressure ulcer performance improvement team
To make an appointment with one of the specialists in the Wound and Reconstruction Institute, please call (602) 839-6040
- Marc Gottlieb, MD, FACS – Center Director – Center for Wound Care and Wound Care Fellowship Director
- Yadwinder Dhillon, MD – Center Director – Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Director, Community Integration
- Glenn Silverstein, DPM, DABFAS, FACFAS, CWS – Head, Section of Podiatry, Center for Limb Salvage
Make an appointment: (602) 839-6040
At all of our Wound Centers, our care teams teach each patient and their support system about preventative maintenance and how to care for their wounds. Patient education is specifically crafted to the patient’s needs and preferred learning style.
The care team members at Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute give multiple lectures each year regarding such related and diverse topics as:
- Diabetic foot care management and complication prevention
- Wound ostomy management
- Dressing application
- Pressure ulcer prevention and management
To make an appointment with one of our specialists, please call (602) 839-6040