The Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute is comprised of providers from multiple specialties, including:
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
- Plastic/reconstructive surgery
In addition to our highly skilled professionals, the Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute includes:
- Nationally certified support staff in the areas of wound care
- Ostomy care
- Wound ostomy resource team
- Hyperbaric medicine
- Clinical research specialists
- Wound-trained Registered Nurses & Medical Assistants
- Pressure ulcer performance improvement team
- Yadwinder Dhillon, MD – Physician Executive Director; Center Director – Hyperbarics Medicine Center
- Marc Gottlieb, MD, FACS – Center Director – Wound Care Center
- Glenn Silverstein, DPM, DABFAS, FACFAS, CWS – Center Director – Limb Preservation Center
- Vas Sabeeh, DO, FACS – Center Director – Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery Center
At all of our Wound Centers, our care teams provide robust patient education during each visit while also instructing each patient and their support system on preventative maintenance and care for their highly individualized needs. Patient education is specifically crafted to the patient’s needs and preferred learning style.
The University of Arizona, in coordination with Banner – University Medicine, conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials to support a commitment to improving patient care. As a patient at Banner – University Medical Center, you may be eligible to participate in a study or trial. This means you’ll have access to new treatments, which may not yet be available to the public. We also offer cutting-edge research technology to help wounds heal faster.
There are many members of the Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute who are faculty on resident, fellow and student rotations.
The care team members at Banner – University Medicine Wound and Reconstruction Institute have given multiple lectures each year regarding such related and diverse topics such as:
- Diabetic foot care management and complication prevention
- Wound ostomy management
- Dressing application
- Pressure ulcer prevention and management