Care You Need for Mental Health
Your mental health is every bit as important as physical health. And, there are ways to protect or improve your mental well-being. You just have to know where to start.
At Banner Health, our behavioral health experts work with you or your loved ones to offer a variety of treatment options. When you need safe, compassionate and completely confidential care, we are here for you.
Behavioral & Mental Health Conditions
Our behavioral and mental health professionals have experience with a variety of mental health conditions and treatments, including:
Answering Your Behavioral & Mental Health Questions
Navigating the waters of a behavioral or mental health condition can be difficult for you or a family member. We are here to answer your questions and help find the best treatment options. Our goal is to match the appropriate treatment options with your or your loved one’s specific condition.
We also have information on what you can expect when you visit one of our locations for behavioral or mental health treatment. And we have additional education and support materials to support your recovery.
You and your family are not dealing with this alone. We’re here to help you with the support, guidance and treatment you need.
Behavioral & Mental Health Services in Your Area
Learn more about behavioral and mental health care near you.
5555 W Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306
Psychiatric Care Nearby
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Arizona, provides behavioral and mental health treatment programs for adults in inpatient and outpatient settings, and outpatient treatmet programs for teens. We encourage patients and family members to be active, involved and informed. We believe families can and do heal together.
Our Inpatient Program:
Banner Thunderbird provides a 56-bed facility providing inpatient psychiatric treatment for individuals 18 years and older.
Our treatment programs include:
- Crisis Assessments
- Inpatient Adult Psychiatric Stabilization
- Inpatient Adult Detoxification
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Individualized and Group Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Nutritional Services
- Specialized Nursing Care
- Spiritual Care
- Electroconvulsive Therapy*
- Occupational/ Physical therapy
- Comprehensive Discharge Planning
Daily visiting hours are 11:30-12:45 p.m. and 4:30-6 p.m.
For an assessment of the services you may need, please visit our Emergency Department.
*Electroconvulsive Therapy is also provided on an outpatient basis. For further information, please contact our ECT nurse at 602-865-6969.
Our Outpatient program:
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center’s Department of Behavioral Health offers several Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) for both adults and adolescents. For a free assessment call: (800) 254-HELP or (602) 254-4357.
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Chemical Dependency Program (IOP-CD)
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Program: Exploring Change (IOP-MH) – a 24 session Intensive Outpatient Program for Mental Health (IOP-MH) that meets three times a week, three hours per day. It is designed to help you set up the conditions in your life that will initiate recovery when depression, bipolar, PTSD, and anxiety disorders are causing serious difficulties.
- Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Program (IOP-MH) – The program offers adolescents coping skills based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). A parent and/or guardian must attend the group as well.
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Program (IOP-DBT)-Informed Skills Group – a practical, skills-based treatment (intervention). DBT is a form of cognitive behavioral therapy that treats individuals who struggle with overwhelming emotions that often lead to self-destructive behaviors and unstable relationships.
- Adult Postpartum and Peripartum Depression Intensive Outpatient Program (PPD-IOP): Fresh Start – based on cognitive behavioral therapy applied to the primary issues that contribute to Postpartum Depression.