The term endoscopy encompasses a variety of procedures including gastroscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. During these endoscopic procedures, a flexible tube with a lens and a light source called an endoscope is inserted inside you to examine your internal organs.
If you are in need of any endoscopy services, Banner Health’s compassionate, experienced team is here to help! Our dedicated endoscopy team provides comprehensive care for the diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases, including disorders of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, pancreas, liver and bile ducts.
Endoscopic procedures can help in the diagnosis, staging and treatment of conditions such as:
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal or low Colon Cancers
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Unexplained Abdominal Pain
- Unidentified lumps in the stomach
Endoscopy Services in Your Area
Learn more about endoscopy services available near you.
1111 E McDowell Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Advanced Endoscopy Services Close to Home
The skilled endoscopy team at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix offers the latest technology in non-invasive procedures. Led by a multidisciplinary group of doctors, the expert team performs procedures used to provide patients with safe and effective alternatives to more invasive diagnostic testing and surgery.
What endoscopic procedures are available?
Other than the routine colonoscopy and upper endoscopy, we offer a wide range of advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures including:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound with fine needle aspiration
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic therapies for Barrett’s esophagus, including radiofrequency ablation
- Balloon enteroscopy and spiral enteroscopy for small bowel disorders
- Enteral stenting (esophageal, duodenal and colonic)
- Endoscopic gastrojejunal feeding tube placement
- Bronchoscopies with endoscopic ultrasound and fine-needle aspiration of the lungs
- Therapeutic Bronchoscopy with ablation of endobronchial tumors
Academic Medicine Difference
The partnership between Banner Health and the University of Arizona brings clinical care delivery, education and research to the forefront of the patient experience.
Learn more about the specialized endoscopy services from the Imaging Center, the Advanced Therapeutic Center and the Swallowing and Reflux Center, all a part of the specialized and collaborative care model the Banner – University Medicine Institutes provide out of the hospital campus at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
And find out even more about academic medicine here.