You can reduce your risk of skin cancer by following these tips:
- Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when this sun’s rays are the strongest.
- Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 that shields both UVA and UVB rays.
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours when outdoors even on cloudy days.
- Wear protective, tightly woven clothing such as long sleeve shirt and pants.
- Wear a hat with a 4-nch brim and sunglasses even on walking a short distance the distance.
- Stay in the shade whenever possible.
- Protect children by keeping them out of the sun minimizing sun exposure and apply sunscreen beginning at 6 months of age.