1501 N Campbell Ave
Tucson, AZ 85724
Excellence in Maternity Care
At Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, you’ll find all of the maternity care you need, whether your pregnancy is normal and healthy or complicated and high-risk. Our obstetricians have the lowest rate of C-sections and highest rate of vaginal births after cesarean section in Arizona. We specialize in vaginal breech delivery and the vaginal delivery of twins.
You are the most important part of our team, which includes doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, surgeons, neonatologists, perinatal specialists, technicians and other staff members.
We focus on making you feel comfortable, informed and safe while you’re with us and hope you’ll remember this special time at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson.
High-risk pregnancies or pregnancies with special problems need special attention and skill. Our specialists have additional formal training and advanced knowledge of medical, genetic, surgical and obstetrical complications that can occur during pregnancy.
We provide a wide range of personalized care for pregnant women who may or could have a pregnancy or delivery with medical complications, including:
- Antepartum testing
- Diabetes monitoring and management
- Expert ultrasounds
- Fetal cardiovascular physiology monitoring and management
- Fetal surgery
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Mother’s health issues, such as heart disease, hypertension and renal disease
- Multiple births
- Operative obstetrics
- Preterm labor
Labor and Delivery
The labor and delivery services at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson focus on a family-centered experience. We provide:
- Private postpartum rooms
- Rooming-in services for fathers and siblings
Mother and Baby Care
We provide immediate access to specialists in all aspects of mother and baby care, including:
- General pediatric surgeons
- Pediatric and adult cardiologists
- Pediatric cardiac surgeons
- Pediatric critical care practitioners
Our complete maternity services include:
- Pregnancy care for normal, complicated and high-risk pregnancies
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Banner Children’s at Diamond Children’s Medical Center for premature and sick babies, including the only infant heart surgery capabilities in southern Arizona
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center with fetal testing, complex fetal procedures and care for babies with congenital conditions
- Antepartum unit for hospitalization during pregnancy
- Lactation consultants
Academic Medicine Difference
The partnership between Banner Health and the University of Arizona brings clinical care delivery, education and research to the forefront of the patient experience.