Infectious diseases can result when organisms like bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi get in the body. Often these illnesses pass from person to person.
Infectious Disease Specialty Care
At Banner Children’s, we care for children who have a wide range of illnesses, especially those that develop when a child’s natural defenses don’t work properly. Our areas of infectious disease expertise cover:
- Antimicrobial-resistant infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Central nervous system infections
- Coccidioidomycosis and other fungal infections
- Conditions producing diagnostic dilemmas, such as fever of unknown origin, periodic fevers, severe or recurrent infections
- HIV or AIDS
- Opportunistic infections in immunosuppressed children
- Pneumonia and complicated respiratory infections
- Zoonoses (animal-transmitted diseases)
Whether you need to find out the cause of infections that keep coming back or treat an already-diagnosed condition, turn to our pediatric experts at Banner Children’s.