5555 W Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306
No one cares about your kid more than you do. And no one in the West Valley provides the level of pediatric care that we do at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center.
With pediatricians and specialists in multiple locations, you’re only minutes away from top pediatric care in the Valley. Our general pediatric services cover care for everyday illnesses and injuries, as well as children’s health and wellness services.
Plus, for children who need hospital care, there’s a dedicated area of the hospital for children from birth to 18 years of age that includes:
- 40 pediatric inpatient beds
- A separate emergency department for children
- The West Valley’s only pediatric intensive care unit
We know a hospital visit can be frightening for a child. That’s why we included features like:
- Child Life Specialists who promote family-centered care
- “Safe zones” where no medical procedures are performed, including playrooms and an outdoor play area
- Separate treatment rooms for procedures so children can feel safe in their hospital rooms
- Our Toy Closet, where children can select a special toy after any treatment
Also, to accommodate children’s likes and dislikes, our nutritionists have selected kid-friendly menu items, like pizza, chicken nuggets, and grilled-cheese sandwiches.
Come visit us, and you’ll see why Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is a place where kids can be kids, not patients. And you’ll understand why Banner Children’s provides more care for more kids than any other health system in Arizona.