We know how important it is for you to get back in the game. Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a professional athlete, we can help. Banner Health’s orthopedic and sports medicine rehabilitation therapists help you recover quickly and safely form your injury. All therapists are certified athletic trainers that specialize in orthopedic care and sports injuries.
If you have limited use of your body because of an injury or disability, we are here to help get you back in the game! Our therapists develop a personalized rehab program to help meet your individual needs and treatment goals. We understand that your goal is to reduce pain and increase range of motion. We work closely with your physician and health care team to determine your pace of recovery and expected progress.
At Banner Health, we offer therapeutic exercise programs to reduce pain and to improve:
- Balance and coordination
- Mobility and gait training
At Banner Children’s at Cardon Children's Medical Center, we know sports are an integral part of many children's lives. Most kids like to play hard, and with that can come injury. That's why our pediatric sports medicine experts are trained at treating orthopedic complications and injuries that range from complex musculoskeletal disorders to common problems like knee and shoulder injuries.
Our services include:
- State-of-the-art motion analysis to review and improve skill
- Close cooperation with coaches from area middle and high schools on conditioning, injury prevention and injury treatment.
- Provision of expertise to local athletes to keep them on the field and in the game, free of injuries.
Our pediatric sports medicine includes:
- Sports injuries
- Arthroscopic treatment of shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle injuries
- Hip arthroscopy for management of labral tears and femoracetabular impingement
- Pediatric trauma
- ACL reconstruction in children
- Meniscal repair
- Shoulder labral repair
- Rotation cuff repair
- Ankle instability reconstruction
How Does Rehab Help Me After Joint Replacement Surgery?
If you have had joint replacement surgery, we safely teach you exercises to perform while in bed. These exercises help you recover faster.
Rehab therapy can teach you how to:
- Walking again
- Get out of bed and transfer to a chair
- Understand how much weight your body can handle
- Use a walker or crutches
What Activities Can Help Me Recover From Joint Replacement Surgery?
Once your body is stable, enjoyable activities can help you heal quicker. Your therapists may recommend:
- Ballroom dancing
- Bicycling on the street
- Cross-country skiing
- Gardening or yard work
- Nordic track (stationary skiing)
- Speed walking
- Square dancing
- Stationary bicycling
- Table tennis (ping-pong)
Talk to you doctor before performing the following activities after joint replacement
- Aerobic exercise
- Downhill skiing
- Horseback riding
- Ice skating
- In-line skating
- Jazz dancing
- Tennis doubles