Not getting a good night’s sleep? Do you think you might have a sleep disorder? Well, our Banner Health Sleep Centers can help! Our dedicated sleep specialists can diagnose and treat your sleep disorder so you can get a good night’s rest.
At Banner Health, our sleep centers offer:
- Sleep specialist physician consultations
- In-lab sleep disorders testing
- Home sleep apnea testing
What Is a Sleep Specialist Physician Consultation?
A sleep specialist physician consultation is an appointment with one of our sleep specialists to help determine underlying sleep issues. They will talk with you about the sleep problems you are having and determine what the next steps of your treatment should be and if you need a sleep study.
What Is Sleep Testing?
A sleep test or sleep study watches what happens to your body when you sleep. Special equipment records information about brain waves, breathing, heart rate and oxygen level which helps doctors find out what may be causing your sleep problems.
These studies can be either in the sleep center as an overnight study or in your home, via a home sleep apnea test. The type of sleep test suitable for you will be determined based on factors such as your age, other health conditions, insurance and doctor’s orders.
What Types of Sleep Tests Are Available?
We offer a variety of sleep tests, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) adherence promotion
- Maintenance of wakefulness testing
- Multiple sleep latency testing
- Polysomnography sleep studies
- Sleep study with CPAP titration
What Sleep Disorders Could I Be Diagnosed With?
There are many different types of sleep disorders, but some of the most common include:
- Obstructive sleep apnea – temporary pauses in breathing when you sleep that happen frequently
- Periodic limb movement syndrome – kicking movements of the legs every 20 to 90 seconds during the night that can disturb your normal sleep
- Narcolepsy – sudden, uncontrollable urges to sleep that can cause you to fall asleep at inappropriate times
- Parasomnias – sleepwalking, sleep terrors or night terrors, REM behavior disorder and rhythmic movement disorders