If you’re active or participate in sports, injuries happen. While most of the time your injury may not be bad, you may have an injury that lingers or is serious. There are a lot of different conditions you may face, but our team is your team to get you back in the game.
Care for the Athlete in You
Through our sports medicine program, we can help you for a lot of different conditions, including:
- Ankle sprain
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and other ligament reconstructions
- Knee cap dislocation and knee ligament, knee cartilage and meniscus problems
- Meniscal and cartilage repair
- Nerve injuries (often called “burners” and “stingers”)
- Overuse, traumatic or sports-related injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff tendonitis and tears
- Shoulder dislocation, shoulder impingent syndrome and other shoulder-related issues
- Elbow, knee, foot and ankle issues
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Stress fractures
As with most conditions, your treatment will depend on a number of different factors. You and your sports medicine specialist will determine which course of treatment will benefit you the most. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Braces, splints or casts
- Changes to the types of shoes you wear
- Physical therapy
- Arthroscopic surgical procedures
Who Can Get the Most From Sports Medicine?
Recreational athletes, competitive athletes and other active individuals may contract an injury that would benefit by a visit to one of Banner Health’s sports medicine specialists. Don’t let an injury slow you down.