When you make an appointment with one of our bariatric surgeons, you are also making an appointment with a team of experts who are dedicated to your weight loss success. Before and following your surgery, you’ll meet with members of the bariatric team including:
- Bariatric surgeon, who will help you decide what kind of weight loss surgery would be best for you.
- A psychologist, who will help you understand and deal with a changing self-image and emotional changes that frequently follow this type of surgery. We will assist in coordinating a psychological evaluation for your readiness for bariatric surgery.
- A registered dietitian, who will help you learn what, when and how to eat.
- An exercise specialist, who will work with you to gradually develop an exercise plan that you can live with.
- A registered nurse, who will be able to provide clinical support to you and assist in answering your questions and concerns.
Ongoing Patient Support
Our Weight Loss Centers provide lifelong support for our weight-loss surgery patients to help them lose weight and keep it off! You are welcome to attend our free support groups both before and after your surgery.
- Peer Support Group
- Exercise Support
- Q and A Sessions
- And More.
Learn more about our support groups.