Banner Health is offering monoclonal antibody infusions in our outpatient infusion centers for patients who are eligible for treatment. View our outpatient infusion referral orders and contact information.
You can refer a patient by following these steps, which does include completing the outpatient infusion referral order and faxing to an outpatient infusion center currently offering this treatment, along with these documents, which must be completed and signed by a physician or nurse practitioner (physician assistants require physician co-signature).
- Clinical note
- COVID lab result
- Patient demographic information
Patient Referral Process for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
Information regarding the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization for bamlanivimab and casirivimab/imdevimab can be found on the FDA’s website.
To refer an eligible patient for monoclonal antibody treatment, you must have:
- Patient has documentation of a positive PCR or direct antigen COVID test.
- Confirm that your patient is within 10 days of COVID symptom onset.
- Evaluate and identify what high-risk criteria is present with the patient, options include:
- Age 65 or greater
- Age 55 or greater with hypertension, cardiovascular disease, or chronic respiratory disease
- BMI of 35 or greater
- Chronic kidney disease
- Immunocompromised, or receiving immunosuppressive therapy
- Patients who are not eligible to receive monoclonal antibody treatment treatment are:
- Asymptomatic patients
- If your patient has been hospitalized for COVID
- Has any other systemic infection
- Has received oxygen therapy due to COVID or requires additional oxygen if on chronic oxygen therapy.
- Review the EUA patient fact sheet, including risks and benefits with the patient who will receive the monoclonal antibody treatment. Information can be found using the links below.
- Complete a Clinical Note that indicates which high-risk factors the patient has, as well as documentation that you reviewed risks and benefits with the patient.
- Complete the outpatient infusion referral order and fax, along with the following documentation, to the preferred Banner Health outpatient infusion site.