Each year thousands of people serve as Banner Health volunteers serving local community needs — helping people in emergencies, raising funds for equipment and services, providing blood, organizing programs for the elderly, for the youth ... and more. Volunteers are an important part of Banner Health's mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from high school students to adults to seasonal visitors and retirees.
Our volunteers work directly with people and provide behind the scenes support. Our goal is to find a match for your interests with opportunities at our medical facilities and through our community programs.
Everyone who is interested in volunteering should expect:
- An interview with a volunteer services representative at your local facility
- A tuberculosis test either by skin or blood testing
- A background check
Additionally, you will be required to submit proof of vaccinations. Once accepted as a volunteer, you'll be given an ID badge and location-specific uniform pieces. For questions, contact the volunteer services department at your local facility.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits of volunteering including:
- Making a difference by giving back to your community through service to others.
- Contributing to the Banner Health mission of creating an excellent patient experience
- Meeting other like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Developing professional skills and gaining valuable experience in the health care setting that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Learning about the industry in general, including the relationship between the patient, the community and the health care providers.
Learn More About Becoming a Volunteer at a Banner Health Location Near You
1801 16th St
Greeley, CO 80631
Help Others By Donating Your Time
Each day our volunteers at North Colorado Medical Center make a positive difference in the lives of patients, staff and guests. Volunteers provide a personal and compassionate approach to patient and guest service.
People of all ages, from all walks of life, and with diverse backgrounds and skills choose to give their time at North Colorado Medical Center. You only need to have a desire to help others to be a qualified candidate for volunteering.
Volunteers work in about 40 different departments at NCMC and assist with a variety of tasks and services. There are numerous opportunities for you to lend your talents and time and we will strive to find a volunteer position that fits your skills and interests.
We require all our applicants:
- Complete an application, interview and background research process
- Commit to volunteering at least 100 hours within 6 months or 1 shift per week, approximately 4 hours in length
- Are at least 16 years of age
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Application. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Services manager will contact you to schedule an informational interview session.
(If you are under the age of 18 you will also need to fill out a Parental Consent Form).