PHOENIX, Ariz. (May 26, 2023) – Six of Banner Health’s hospital chief executive officers have been named as “women hospital presidents and CEOs to know” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
The list honors female hospital executives for their dedication to bettering their hospitals for patients and providers alike. Women are increasingly taking on hospital leadership positions and with them at the helm, hospitals are benefitting from diverse perspectives, enhanced patient experiences and improved health equity.
Banner’s recognized executives are:
• Sandy Dugger, CEO of Banner Lassen Medical Center (Susanville, Calif.)
• Debbie Flores, CEO of Banner Thunderbird Medical Center (Phoenix, Ariz.)
• Sarah Frost, CEO of Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and Banner – University Medical Center South (Tucson, Ariz.)
• Courtney Ophaug, CEO of Banner Estrella Medical Center (Phoenix, Ariz.)
• Laura Robertson, CEO of Banner Desert Medical Center, Banner Children's at Desert, and Banner Ocotillo Medical Center (Phoenix, Ariz.)
• Linda Thorpe, CEO of East Morgan County Hospital (Brush, Colo.)
The full list of honorees and profiles for each health care leader can be viewed here.
Banner Health is one of the largest, secular nonprofit health care systems in the country. In addition to 30 acute-care hospitals, Banner also operates an academic medicine division, Banner – University Medicine, and Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, a partnership with one of the world’s leading cancer programs, MD Anderson Cancer Center. Banner’s array of services includes a health insurance division, employed physician groups, outpatient surgery centers, urgent care locations, home care and hospice services, retail pharmacies, stand-alone imaging centers, physical therapy and rehabilitation, behavioral health services, a research division and a nursing registry. To make health care easier, 100% of Banner-employed doctors are available for virtual visits, and patients may also reserve spots at Banner Urgent Care locations and can book appointments online with many Banner-employed doctors. Headquartered in Arizona, Banner Health also has locations in California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.bannerhealth.com.